Neeginan Village is a transitional housing complex that was built to accommodate the needs of students attending CAHRD training programs. Neeginan Village consists of 24 two-bedroom units, 4 one-bedroom accessible units and 15 three-bedroom units. All units offer full amenities, including an in-suite washer and dryer.
Neeginan Village is available to Aboriginal students with low or moderate-income levels, who have dependent children, or have a disability. To be eligible for Neeginan Village housing you must meet the following criteria:
- Be Aboriginal (Status, Non-Status, Métis and Inuit)
- Be enrolled, registered and attending CAHRD educational programming (Aboriginal Commuity Campus, Neeginan College of Applied Technology or Neeginan Learning & Literacy Centre)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have dependent children or a disability
- Require a home in Winnipeg
- Have a secured income for the academic year
- Provide 2 references (education program staff can be one)
- Be able to live independently, with or without services
- Must sign an agreement to vacate on withdrawing from school or 6 months after graduation
For additional information, please view our: Neeginan Housing Poster.