ORDER DATE..................................: February 5, 2018
JOB TITLE........................................: SERVICE TECHNICIAN
NATIONAL OCCUPATION CODE.: 7332
POSITION TYPE.............................: FULL-TIME
A company that provides the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done is looking for a Service Technician for their Service Branch in Winnipeg.
The technician will be primarily responsible for estimating and repair of products received in the service center. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of computers, use of repair equipment and repair techniques. The successful candidate will also uphold the company's image, philosophy and warranty policies.
- Estimation and completion of repairs, including proper identification of SKU’s and parts needed
- Processing of service work orders, logging, tracking, follow-up.
- Provide over the counter repairs for Black & Decker, DeWALT, Stanley and Bostitch tools.
- Provide technical assistance to distributors/end users/staff
- Process customer requirements, parts, accessories, product through POS terminal and internal computer network (SAP/MGV)
- Provide parts identification, product application, product information to customers by phone, counter, mail and fax
- Verify and administer warranty on products through date codes, parts condition identification
- Inventory control - ordering of parts and product SKU’s to maintain service levels at established inventory turns
- Ensure courteous, knowledgeable and efficient service to all customers to maximize 100% customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate and follow up with customer parts and tool orders
- Make day-by-day operational decisions, and co-ordinate all processes such as cash controls; returns; warranty; paper routines, to comply with internal audit standards.
- General service branch opening and closing responsibilities including cash registers and computers
- Assist with shipping and receiving within the Branch
- Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time to support efficient company operations
- Graduate of a community college or trade school preferred
- Compressor repair experience on equipment an asset
- Experience in a service environment a must, preferably with power tool repair experience
- Effective communication and sales skills, and experience in working directly with the public
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to complete tasks in tight time frames
- Knowledge of cash registers and computers, especially Microsoft Office, an asset
Please contact (CAHRD) Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development at 204-989-7110 for more details.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer/partner. (CAHRD) Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.