ORDER DATE..................................: January 10, 2018
JOB TITLE........................................: SENIOR TRANSPORTATION ANALYST
NATIONAL OCCUPATION CODE.: 0731
NUMBER OF POSITIONS..............: 1
POSITION TYPE.............................: FULL-TIME, 40 HOURS/WEEK
A leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and exceptional customer satisfaction, is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Transportation Analyst to join their Procurement Operations Department in Winnipeg. Under the general direction of the Procurement Supervisor, you will be responsible to provide overall guidance to the corporation ensuring the efficient procurement and coordination of transportation and custom functions. The incumbent shall exhibit professionalism and sound judgment ensuring procurement decisions achieve the best overall value for the Corporation in accordance with the corporate policies, guidelines and Supply Chain Management procedures.
- Responsible for the efficient procurement of transportation services applying professional knowledge as well as strategic and innovative thinking to maximize efficiency and achieve best overall value for the Corporation. In accordance with corporate policy, guidelines and Supply Chain Management procedures.
- Manage custom brokerage service requirements to ensure best value and compliance to Canadian Border Security Agency
- Review requisitions, determine the appropriate sourcing and evaluation strategy required that best meet customer needs, market conditions, and maximize tender participation and compliance while achieving best value.
- Prepare, issue and receive tender documents. Oversee and participate in the analysis of tenders in accordance with established evaluation criteria ensuring recommendations and award of business are in accordance with corporate policy, best practice and in accordance with commercial law.
- Participate with customers and at times lead and arrange for dedicated and/or specialized transportation / equipment through procurement related negotiations with suppliers.
- Prepare, issue and award contracts for all modes of transport (rail, motor carrier and air contracts) as required. Ensure all relevant documentation is completed with all the required information for the purposes of obtaining approvals, recording and reporting business.
- Provide assistance in contract management and at times be prepared to lead contract management. Advise management of developments that may affect contracts, costs, schedules, and stakeholder relations and recommend course of action.
- Report and document various vendor related non-compliance, exceptions, vendor performance relevant to future business, and update vendor / commodity lists and vendor performance files as required.
- Provide on-going communication with all departments as required, informally or formally, verbally or in writing, to develop and maintain strong business relationships while providing quality service in meeting customer expectations.
- Assist in mentorship, coaching, training and oversee assigned activities of the procurement staff.
- Undertake necessary research and analysis to accurately and succinctly prepare briefing materials, correspondence and presentations on a variety of issues. Prepare and deliver presentations.
- Provide transportation expertise, identify risks, opportunities for improvement, cost savings and resolve transportation challenges in a team environment.
- Provide input in coordination of annual performance appraisals, recommend training requirement and staff development opportunities to the Procurement Supervisor.
- Carry out special assignments as required related to transportation.
- Bachelor of Commerce degree or four year relevant degree from a university of recognized standing plus a minimum of three years directly related experience; or, A two year diploma in Business Administration from an institute of recognized standing plus technical courses in procurement plus a minimum of five years directly related experience; or, Diploma in Canadian Institute of Traffic and Transportation (CITT) and a minimum of seven years of related experience.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in organizing and controlling various concurrent work assignments, work under pressure and make sound judgements while meeting deadlines and commitments.
- Demonstrated high degree level of initiative and motivation to simultaneously handle a multitude of significant complex procurement assignments, provide transportation expertise, identify opportunities for improvement and resolve procurement challenges in a team environment.
- Demonstrated degree of diplomacy and tact with proven capability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, and interact with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge of Transportation Regulation and Acts, Carrier Tariffs and Rate Structures.
- Advanced understanding of personal computers including corporate software applications and SAP, Materials Management, Excel, etc.
- Practical knowledge of the various functions, responsibilities, materials and services used throughout the corporation would be an asset.
- Proficient knowledge of government legislation including but not limited to Workers' Compensation Act, Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations, Federal and Provincial sales taxes and Canadian Border Security requirements.
Please contact (CAHRD) Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development at 204-989-7110 for more details.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer/partner. (CAHRD) Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.