ORDER DATE..................................: April 13, 2017
JOB TITLE........................................: PAYROLL & BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR
NATIONAL OCCUPATION CODE.: 1432
NUMBER OF POSITIONS..............: 1
POSITION TYPE.............................: PERMANENT, FULL-TIME, 40 HOURS/WEEK
An organization that provides the province’s leading education, administration, technology, language and culture services to First Nations schools in Manitoba is seeking a full time Payroll & Benefits Administrator.
The Payroll & Benefits Administrator works under the supervisory function of the Assistant Director of Finance and Human Resources Manager.
The Payroll & Benefits Administrator functions as a member of the Finance and Human Resources department and is responsible for providing administration of employee data including compensation, benefits, payroll and pensions of the organization. The Payroll & Benefits Administrator assists the Director of Finance, Human Resources Manager with the day-to-day and monthly entries in the Sage 300 accounting system, and Sage HRMS.
- Responsible for entering, updating and maintaining personnel data for employees;
- Responsible in assisting in the preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll for the employees;
- Ensure that employees are paid on time and correctly as well as ensuring the source deductions are remitted on time;
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets;
- Track and deduct correct amounts of all garnishments and other special payroll deductions (e.g. employee advances);
- Records of Employment are completed accurately and timely according to regulations and provided to former employee in a timely manner;
- Benefit deductions reflect vendor invoices;
- Pension amounts are correctly deducted;
- All suspense accounts are reconciled on a timely basis;
- Pay stubs are distributed to employee’s bi-weekly;
- Journal entries are made as required;
- Add accounts to Sage 300 as requested;
- Ensure all computerized accounting data re: payroll is properly saved on the finance server and backed up on hard drive;
- Manage and maintain employee confidence with all employees;
- Answers specific employee inquiries with regards to payroll;
- Create and maintain all employee records in Sage 300 Payroll module;
- Create and maintain a filing system for payroll documents supporting financial transactions;
- Assists with accounts receivable, payables and special projects, as necessary.
- Assist in administration of the organization's benefits of health, pension and employee assistance program;
- Receive benefit enrollment forms and ensure they are accurately filled out;
- Complete electronic enrollment of employee benefits forms to appropriate benefits carriers in a timely manner;
- Mail out of all completed benefits documentation to appropriate benefits carriers;
- Provide enrollment verification documentation to Human Resources;
- Maintain employee benefits systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction;
- Assist employees with filling out forms for health, dental, life and other related benefit claims;
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives;
- Reconcile account balances for the purpose of maintain accurate account balances and complying with related policies, practices, and/or regulations;
- Inform personnel and/or carriers and/or financial institutions regarding required documentation and/or procedures for the purpose of conveying information necessary to complete transactions
Education & Experience
- Minimum Degree or Diploma in Business Administration/Finance, or a combination of education and experience in payroll/accounting/benefits administration;
- Must have working experience with the following computer programs:
- Sage 300 for windows;
- Sage HRMS;
- Payroll Module;
- General Ledger
- Excellent skills using MS Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer;
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system, specifically Sage 300 Payroll module and Sage HRMS database;
- Experience in electronic benefits enrolment an asset.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion;
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals;
- Ability to relate to and communicate well with others;
- Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive matters; must sign an oath of confidentiality agreement;
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures;
- Ability to perform simple accounting procedures;
- Experience working with First Nations in the field of education would be preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to work in a First Nations environment
- Fluency in a First Nations language is considered an asset;
- Appreciate and respect for First Nations education reform strategies.
- Strong time management skills and professionalism;
- Satisfactory criminal and child abuse record check clearance;
- Adhere to the organization's policies and administrative procedures with specific attention to attendance and professional ethics.
Please contact (CAHRD) Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development at 204-989-7110 for more details.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer/partner. (CAHRD) Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.