ORDER DATE..................................: December 7, 2017
JOB TITLE........................................: OFFICE MANAGER
ADVERTISEMENT #.......................: 33584
NATIONAL OCCUPATION CODE.: 1221
NUMBER OF POSITIONS..............: 1
POSITION TYPE.............................: PERMANENT, FULL-TIME, 40 HOURS/WEEK
The General Authority (GA) is responsible for mandating, funding and overseeing the services provided by its child and family services (CFS) agencies throughout the province of Manitoba. Within the GA, these services are provided by three private not-for-profit agencies (Jewish Child and Family Services, Child and Family Services of Western Manitoba and Child and Family Services of Central Manitoba) and by the Department of Family Services through the Winnipeg Child and Family Services Branch and four Rural and Northern Service Regions (Interlake Region, Eastman Region, Parkland Region and Northern Region).
Responsible for organizing, managing and achieving the administrative commitments for the CEO, the General Authority (GA) Senior Management Team and the Board of Directors. A strong understanding, knowledge or ability to interpret the child and family service system, governmental procedures, legislation, and the environmental complexities (risk factors, political significance, public, and media attention) that can affect the GA and its mandated agencies is required
- Extensive experience providing administrative/secretarial support to senior management (including a Board of Directors) which would include meeting coordination, triaging referrals or requests, preparing Board minutes, managing office space & repairs to equipment, IT requests, and approving orders, etc.
- Experience with MS Office tools (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Supervisory experience in an office setting providing direction and managing performance
- Strong analytical skills to interpret policy and legislation and ensure compliance with program requirements
- Ability to problem solve and think independently
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to prioritize assignments and work under time constraints to meet deadlines
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to provide clear and concise information to staff, clients and stakeholders
- Effective written communication skills with the ability to prepare reports and minutes, etc.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and maintain accuracy when formatting, editing and proofing documents
- Effective interpersonal skills with emphasis on diplomacy, confidentiality, and the ability to work as part of inter-disciplinary team
- Experience in the Child Welfare system including and understanding of the Child Welfare Act, Adoptions Act, Regulations and Standards
- Experience working with the Civil Service Commission/Departmental personnel policies and practices; the General Manual of Administration, The MGEU agreement and Workplace Safety and Health Act
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Information System (CFSIS)
Conditions of Employment
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Records, Child Abuse, Adult Abuse and Prior Contact Checks
Please contact (CAHRD) Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development at 204-989-7110 for more details.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer/partner. (CAHRD) Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.