ORDER DATE..................................: January 11, 2018
JOB TITLE........................................: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
NATIONAL OCCUPATION CODE.: 1241
NUMBER OF POSITIONS..............: 1
POSITION TYPE.............................: FULL-TIME, 40 HOURS/WEEK
An organization that provides the province’s leading education, administration, technology, language and culture services to First Nations schools in Manitoba is seeking an Administrative Assistant that will report directly to the Director of Programs.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing senior level administrative support to the Director of Programs.
- Schedules and confirms meetings/invitations for the immediate supervisor with various individuals/organizations;
- Maintains a daily itinerary for the immediate supervisor;
- Drafts or prepares responses to correspondence as required;
- Formatting, reviewing and editing reports, work plans and budgets;
- Compiles information and data and assists in the preparation of briefing notes, reports, and materials as required;
- Develops, maintains, and distributes templates to support effective reporting, planning, and correspondence;
- Orders office supplies and maintains inventory;
- Organizes and coordinates various meetings;
- Arranges travel schedules and makes reservations for supervisor;
- Provides administrative support when necessary for special projects, conferences, workshops and other directly related activities of the organization;
- Establishes and maintains an appropriate filing system;
- Resolves routine administrative problems;
- Maintains log of inquiries and responds to inquiries concerning activities and operations of program as required;
- Performs basic bookkeeping functions;
- Attends administrative support meetings as required;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a post-secondary program specializing in providing administrative An equivalent combination of related training and minimum three years’ experience providing administrative support at a senior level may be considered;
- Proven organizational and time management skills to effectively manage tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated experience in formatting, reviewing and editing reports, work plans and budgets;
- Experience working with First Nations in the field of education would be preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to work in a First Nations environment
- Fluency in a First Nations language is considered an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in technical and plain language writing;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals;
- Ability to relate to and communicate well with others;
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive matters;
- Appreciate and respect for First Nations education reform strategies.
Please contact (CAHRD) Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development at 204-989-7110 for more details.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer/partner. (CAHRD) Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.